Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sensory box

You don't have to be crafty to make this! You just need a box with a tight-fitting lid, some dry food, and some cups, spoons, shovels, ect. I went through my cupboards one day and realized I had a lot of old food, plus some regular pasta I didn't know what to do with (I was switching over to whole wheat pasta), so I dumped it into a box and let Adrian play with it. Eventually I gave him "utensils" to dig with. He was a happy little guy! Then I realized this is a "real" thing and even has a name....a sensory box! They use them at the daycare where I work, mostly just with dried pasta though (I used beans, barley, split peas, ect as well). It's good, messy fun so you may want to put down a table cloth, or be prepared to sweep afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment