Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Character puppets

Character puppets are pretty easy. You can sew them or glue them together. I prefer to sew of course, although on the Cookie Monster and Elmo puppets, I did the face with glue. If you want to sew the puppets, it's nifty to know that you can sew right through the wooden sticks. I sewed the felt to the sticks with the machine, then hand-stitched the rest of it.

You don't have to be an awesome artist to do these. I can't draw to save my life but I was able to do these free-hand with a little trial and error. You could also print out basic pictures of the characters and use that as a template to get everything "just right".

I'm going to attempt Hello Kitty next and maybe Spongebob as well. I think the trick is to pick characters that aren't extremely detailed. Although, you could certainly attempt the detailed ones, if you are just that talented. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment